Wednesday, October 1, 2008

'I can look glamorous'


Although you have seen her on the small screen and on the silver screen, what strikes one most about Shama Sikander is the freshness on her face. She was the girl-next -door in the show Yeh Meri Life Hai , a seductress in the film Chand Bujh Gaya and a confused con-girl in Dhoom Dhadaka . This goes to show how versatile this pretty actor is. Shama is one of the few actresses who have made a transition from films to television and she’s back to TV after doing a few films. Clearing the confusion, she says, “My life has been rather adventurous. I started my career with films, then I did modelling, went on to do TV, then theatre and now back to television. But it’s been fun. I’m like that. I do things at the spur of the moment.” One of Shama’s passions is dance and that’s what made her come back to TV with a dance reality show. “It was a dance show and that too with cricketers. That made it too much of an irresistible offer to say no to,” she says. And it’s not only TV, Shama also sizzled on screen in Ram Gopal Varma’s Contract in an item number. “I am very friendly with choreographer Pony Verma. And she referred my name to Ram Gopal Varma who just took one look at me and chose me to do that song,” says Shama with a smile. Like every sensible actor, Shama too is well aware of the demands of the industry of wearing sexy outfits and doing intimate scenes. “I have always said that I’ll do only what I am comfortable doing and wear what I feel comfortable in. There’s a very thin line between looking vulgar and sensuous. I’d like to look sensuous and not vulgar." Shama has danced wearing a red sari in the rain in Chand Bujh Gaya with co-actor Faisal Khan. Mention it and she lets out a groan, “I don’t know why people have made such a big hulla about that song. It’s like any other song with me wearing a sari and getting wet in the rain. Every actor has been doing it. Maybe people thought that I could only be like Pooja of my serial, but in a way it’s good. They have seen that I can look sensuous too. People couldn’t believe that I could look so glamourous also. But I can!” The fact that her serial Yeh Meri Life Hai made her so famous that Shama says nothing really excited her enough to come back to serials. “Nothing ever came up to that level and I’ve become very choosy about my roles after that show,” Shama says. Shama is currently working in two films with director Kamlesh Kunti and one is titled Coffee at Mocha, which is a love story. Apart from acting, Shama is passionate about working out and is an expert at kick boxing. “I haven’t got a chance to practice my kick boxing in real life. But I’d love to portray a character like Lara Croft on screen,” says she. Shama also loves to play the violin as she feels it’s very sexy for a girl to be able to play the violin. And that’s not all, she is also proficient in six languages and has done a Telugu film and a Tamil film with actor Prakash Raj.

No comments:

click here earnmoney

Your Ad Here