Wednesday, October 1, 2008

characters


What kind of characters you want to play in your career?
That we can’t decide. God only knows, we should do what comes to us, but we should not keep a rule that we should live in the way how we like. Once I used to films with mass image continuously and met with injuries. At that time, I said that I would do a film like ‘Suhdarakanda’, but many suggested not to come out of my image. But I stood by my word and did that film. After that I changed the entire style of my films. After that I did many good movies and played good characters. Films like ‘Pavitra Bandham, Pelli Chesundam Raa…, Nuvvu Naaku Nachav, Preminchukundam Raaa.. Premante Ideraa… Aadavari Maatalaku Ardhale Verule, Raja’ earned me a very good name and made me a family hero.
What all films you listed above were done by keeping your stardom aside? Isn’t it?
This is what I don’t like at all. It is not the stardom which is important. We should do different characters and prove ourselves as an artiste. It is the God who is there to decide what should be done and what should not. I am now ready to work in telefilms as well. I am going to play a role in a telefilm called ‘Vivekananda’, but my brother Suresh is not accepting to sign the dotted line. I don’t want any stardom at all.
There is a sentiment in the Telugu film industry. If you cry in a film that movie would be a definite hit. Did you cry in this film too by any chance?
Yes. There is a small flashback behind this sentiment. When I attended a function in Tirupati, some of the fans commented that the heroes in the film cry without facing the camera and we really don’t know whether they are really crying or laughing. This had prompted me to face the camera by crying in ‘Prema’. I became very popular with my crying scene in ‘Dharmachakram’. Even my children used to say, ‘Dad, you are crying well on the screen.’
Tell us about Chintakayala Ravi in a simple wording…
It is a romantic love story with entertainment with a small touch of mother sentiment.

No comments:

click here earnmoney

Your Ad Here