Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Chintakayala Ravi’


Tell us about the music in ‘Chintakayala Ravi’
Music would remain a big asset for the movie. When the story is light, music should remain a highlight and this would pave the way for making the movie a big hit. Take ‘Raja’. If you delete music and watch the movie, you will be in an embarrassing situation. When we listened to the story, we thought of doing music by some freshers. After listening to the songs in ‘Om Shanti Om’, we decided to introduce Vishal-Shekhar to the Telugu industry and they only can give some freshness in songs. Moreover, the Andhra audiences also enjoyed ‘Om Shanti Om’ songs very much. They too had an eye towards the south music and were big fans of Telugu music like ‘Pokiri, Aparichitudu and Desamuduru’. They gave lilting tunes and the album would remain one of the best audio in my career.
Like your earlier films, in this film also there would be satires on the hero?
Satires are not much and almost nil in this movie. But most part of the entertainment was concentrated on my role. The characterisation of Ali and Sunil has also come out well. The film runs with good entertainment and at the same time there is mother sentiment that runs as an undercurrent.
We believe ‘Chintakayala Ravi’ is the title suggested by you. Is it true?
Yes. While telling the story, they brought some other title. While narrating the storyline, I heard the sound Chintakayala Ravi and it appeared funny to listen and I suggested and got it confirmed as the title. Earlier, some of the unit members feared that the title is sounding odd. But I stood by my word and ensured it as the title. When it went to the audiences, there is a very good response to the title. Especially, such title suits very apt for my films.
There is a talk that your films will never face budget problems?
Yes, it is almost true, because I always suggest to my producers to do a film within my limits. I also get the schedule planned in such a way. Basically, I am also the son and brother of a producer. I know the pros and cons about the film production. However, our expectations would go wrong at times. My film ‘Gharshana’ is the best example for that. None of my films never faced any problems regarding budget.
How far you involve in film-making?
Yes. I too involve in film-making to certain extent. Especially regarding story, I will involve very much. At times I also involve in music sittings to certain extent. But, I don’t involve much in other issues.
If someone brings to you a story saying such subject would be apt for Venkatesh. Will you disappoint them with your interference?
That is wrong. If the story is really good, I will never suggest any changes. Even if I suggest changes, if the other party was able to convince me that it would be like that only, I will definitely accept to stick to their subject. I started listening stories and music right from the days I am studying Class VII. So, I have sound knowledge about them.
What kind of characters you want to play in your career?

No comments:

click here earnmoney

Your Ad Here